Thursday, June 10, 2010

NP Set Pasarella Powder Foundation

I've never liked powder foundation.. I feel naked with it on. It doesn't cover anything I need covered, and on top of that it never lasts for me. But there are those days when I can't stand the thought of painting on thick liquid foundation. Those would be the hot, sticky days that make up a lot of the year where I live. Now that summer has rolled around, powder foundation has become my new best friend! I recently picked up NP Set's "Pasarella Powder Foundation" from target. Here's what I thought...



What It Is: A compact powder foundation that claims to be unlike other powder foundation's in terms of it's moisturizing abilities. Contains Shea Butter and Pomegranate Extract, which seems to be this line's signature ingredient.
Application: After applying primer, I used the sponge the foundation came with to apply an initial layer on the cheeks, chin, and forehead.. basically where I want the heaviest coverage. Then, using a kabuki or mac 109, I get some powder on the brush and go over the rest of the face, blending everything out as I go.
Look: This gave me medium-ish coverage, heavier than most powder foundations, but still not what I'm used to. It didn't give look chalky in any way.. which is great because that's the reason I stay away from powder foundation in the first place.
Feel: Even though it didn't look powdery, it definitely made my face feel dry. This might not be the case with oilier-skinned wearers, though. I always finish my make-up routine with Fix+ anyway, so I wasn't bothered too much by how it felt.
Staying Power: This foundation's longevity is pretty impressive, it lasted a solid 3 or 4 hours for me (this is powder foundation we're talking about!). What I didn't like was that anytime I rubbed my face with any kind of fabric or cloth, the foundation would transfer right onto it.



Final Thoughts: The results I got from this foundation were definitely beyond what I expected. I love using this on lazy or hot days when I just don't feel like doing the whole enchilada when it comes to my make-up. For it's price, though, I would definitely not buy it again. It didn't do that much better than my previously reviewed Neutrogena powder foundation. My hard-earned dollars would better be invested in quality liquid foundations, and saved when it comes to the powder type...

This retails for $30 at your local Target. You can also find it at http://www.npsetcosmetics.com/.
The ingredients are: Talc, Corn Starch, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Triisostearin, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Zinc Oxide, Myristyl, Trisiloxane, Soybean Glycerides, Zinc Stearate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium, Sorbate, Polyperfluoroethoxymethoxydifluroethy, Peg Phosphate, Shea Butter, Dimethiconol, Tetrasodium Edta, Morus Alba Root Extract, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Silica, Corn Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, BHT, Ascorbyl Palmitate MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

No comments:

Post a Comment