Thursday, June 3, 2010

Almay Clear Complexion Makeup

So I bought Almay's Clear Complexion liquid foundation about a month ago, and have been using it regularly. At first I was ecstatic about it, amazed that the best foundation I'd ever used I had found at the drugstore. Since then, how I've felt about it has changed. At first, it gave me the smoothest looking skin any foundation had ever given me. The color match was perfect, and although I doubt it has enough salicylic acid in it to actually combat pimples, it was definitely wasn't breaking me out. My review will be for the results I'm getting with this now.



What It Is: A liquid foundation that is made with natural ingredients like meadowsweet (purifies skin), chamomile, and aloe (both skin calming ingredients). It also contains salicylic acid. I got it in the shade "Naked".
Application: I applied this with a regular foundation brush. The consistency is thick, so a little goes a long way.
Look: This foundation gives great coverage. Right after application, my skin looks pretty flawless. The problem for me is that it doesn't always last. Though not all the time, it usually changes it's color on me throughout the course of the day. It also makes me look a bit on the greasy side after 4 or 5 hours.
Feel: This felt very light on the face, and didn't make me feel like my pores were clogging up under it.
Staying Power: The coverage does last me until the end of my (7 or 8 hour) day. Unfortunately, it does make me look oily, and sometime's a little pink..

Final Thoughts: I'm dissapointed that this didn't work out for me in the end. But I guess that's what I get for celebrating too early. I still reach for this on day's I won't be out for a long time. But with it's inconsistent results, I just can't depend on it to last me throughout my typical day.

1 comment: