Wednesday, April 28, 2010

NYX Lipstick Swatches


I took the time to swatch all my nyx lipsticks, because I really do like them a lot. I have trouble with most lip products, within an hour they all give me the dreaded white ring, no matter what I do to my lips to prep them beforehand. It drives me crazy, I have to carry baby wipes around with me and basically re-apply my lipstick or gloss every hour. If anyone goes through this, or knows why it happens pleeease let me know :)
These are all amazingly creamy in texture, and super pigmented. The staying power isn't the greatest, but I get at least 2 hours out of these if I don't eat or sip my water too often.
Anyways, I was gunna do these swatches on the lips, but most of the lippies aren't that flattering without liner underneath (show every crack on the lips), and I wanted to provide true-to-color swatches. If I get a request though, I'd be happy to take some pictures of all of these on the lips.

Swatched heavily, slightly edited to get the best color depiction, (L-R):
Femme, Jupiter, Louisiana, Tea Rose, Heather

Femme and Tea Rose are my favorites out of these. The others are fun colors, but I could live without them. Those two colors have the least shimmery finish, which is rare in the range of nyx lipsticks. Jupiter is a great shimmery barbie pink to layer on top of a flat-pink lipstick, since it's sheer but glossy in finish.

Summerlove, Pumkin Pie (yes, pumkin!), Mars, Perfect, Thalia


Summerlove doesn't show up as much more than shimmer on my arm, but it's actually a pigmented fleshy nude. Thalia is way lighter on the lips, but turns into a darker shade after a couple layers. My absolute favorite is Pumkin Pie. It may look kind of funky in the swatch, but it makes for a great warm nude lip with a similar gloss on top. The name is so accurate, it really looks like pumpkin pie. Mmmm. One of my favorite lip combos is this lipstick with Yes to Carrots lipgloss in "Playful Nude" on top.

Last two colors, Sash and Castle:

These are $4 on the nyx website, but I think that's really overpriced for the actual product. I buy them from $1 at my local beauty shop.

The ingredients, taken from nyx's website: Ceresin Wax, Polyethlene Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Beeswax, Lanoline Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Mineral Oils, Octyl Palmitate, BHA, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, D&C Red No.A1 Lake, Pearl Powder, Iron Oxide

1 comment:

  1. Hi you got a new follower! Where do you buy these for a dollar!!!??? I'm trying to build on my makeup kit and was wondering if these would be a good alternative to high end brands, what do you think?

    www.allthingsmakeup.net

    ReplyDelete