Tuesday, April 27, 2010

MUFE Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Cream

On my never ending quest to find the perfect undereye concealer, I thought I'd check out some of the cult classics. With pigmentation on the mind, I headed straight to the Make Up For Ever display in Sephora. Does MUFE make anything sheer? I avoided the palette, because from my experience those scream cakey under eye's. Instead I opted for the liquid, "Full Cover". Here's the verdict:



What It Is: This is described as a full-coverage liquid concealer, oil-free and waterproof, and able to cover everything from blemishes to scars and hyperpigmentation.
Application: I used this before foundation. I applied about 2 pinpricks of product on the back of my hand. I dipped a flat concealer brush into it, and began patting it on at the darkest part of my circles, under one eye. I let it sit while I did the same to the other (no more than 4 or 5 seconds). I went back to the eye I started with and blended the concealer into the rest of the undereye area, using only patting motions. Then the same with the other eye. I like to use this method when I work with liquid concealer so there's some time for the product to set on the darkest part's of my circles. It's important to work quick initially though. You can always go back in with more product.
Look: Once the concealer was fully dry, I didn't like the finish that much. It was almost kind of fuzzy. The pigmentation was good though. After I applied foundation, the area looked better but some product did rub off. I don't think this color could work for me over foundation, so I didn't like how that worked out.
Feel: This concealer dried quickly, which some might find makes it hard to work with. It did feel a bit dry, but didn't seem to dry out the area by the end of the day.
Staying Power: This did not budge for a solid 6 hours, but by the very end of the day my undereye area did have that (inevitable) grayish cast.

Excuse the pasty skin, terrible lighting:




Final Musings: All the fabulous ratings aside, I don't see what the big deal is. It had good pigmentation, but the lack of color correction left me with uncovered circles. I didn't like how the product highlighted my imperfections, more so than covering them up. Maybe it's just not a good concealer for the undereye area. On blemishes and redness around the nose, this worked great. I tried it on a tattoo by the way, since I've heard this can cover them up, but it didn't come closer than any others I've tried. You'd definitely need to bring in the color wheel and full coverage foundation. C+

Full Cover costs $40 at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment