Thursday, April 8, 2010

Elf All Over Color Sticks

Just wanna share some quick swatches and my take on Elf's All Over Color Sticks.


My local target just expanded their Elf display, and now they have all kinds of stuff that I've only ever seen online before. I have a few of their lipglosses (the Stila lipglaze knock-offish ones), and they're really pigmented and pretty. I have a huge problem with all their lip products' offensive smells though, so I mostly stay away from the brand...

Anyways, here are the swatches:


Lilac Petal is a light, rosy pink with silver shimmer. Blended out on the cheeks it gives a really pretty, innocent glow. I've mentioned before, I tend to stay away from pink blushes.. but this looks really fresh and pretty if applied right. It could also make a good highlight for cream blush if you use a light hand.
Pink Lemonade is hard to describe.. it's a toned down fuschia, with some rosiness to it. Almost like Lilac Petal's badass sister. I actually hate how this looks on my cheeks, but it works well on the lips. I shade them in with a nude pink pencil, then use a finger to press the color on, then smack my lips to blend it out. Of all 3 colors I own, this is the most pigmented.. trust me, I was surprised by how thickly the color laid on when I was applying it to my arm. I promise you it's not nearly as scary when used sheerly.
Persimmon is my favorite out of the bunch. It an apricot, bronzey shade.. not as mauve as the camera captured it at all. But then again, it depends on how much you apply. I love how this looks on my cheeks.

In same order as picture above:


These smell citrus-y on application, but, ewww, after I wiped the swatches off my arm I gave it a whiff and it smelled TERRIBLE. Like plastic and the smell of cleaning solution in a public bathroom. I've worn these all day before and I didn't smell anything funky at all... so hopefully that's the case with everyone else. These are sticky in consistency, and a bit hard to blend out. The Sonia Kashuk flat topped blusher brush works great, otherwise I'd recommend just using your fingers because your brush will shed trying to blend these out. I don't like the finish of these on their own (really greasy), so I set with a dusting of powder.

Overall, you can't go wrong with unique colors for a buck, which make the color sticks winners in my book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment